Wednesday, September 06, 2006



My Surf Sensei & Buddies



Out of Tokyo, enjoy the last of Summer...

This was my first attempt on the beach since I started my assignment here on Feb 6th. Just when summer is about to end, my friends and I made a dash for the beach to try surfing.

MotosuXX beach (forgot the full name) which is a 2 hour + drive from Tokyo appears to be mainly for surfing. Many on the beach were well-equipped with their wet suits and surf boards. We - the Singaporean bunch were the only ones in unserious beachwear.

It is unlike those crowded beaches filled with babes and hunks trying to tan. The babes I saw on TV wore make-up and accessories to the beaches. Well, the guys were still kakoii (cool) as you could see in the pictures. They were kind trying to teach me how to surf in broken English and Japanese.

The other amazing aspect was almost everyone drove there and in their car boots all had water tanks with showerheads. At the end of the surf, they all showered behind their cars, whereas us the Singaporeans headed for the shower room paying 400 yen each. The water was also very warm @ the beach - good for spring/ autumn/ winter maybe - but not too ideal when your skin is already burnt from the sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least Singaporean girls do not put as much make-up as Japanese...lol