Saturday, April 27, 2013

TD and Ath

TD and Ath




Here are my two kiddos.  TD took on the role of Big Brother on 30th March 2013.  Ath arrived more than three weeks early of the estimated date of delivery.  Oh well, 30th March happens to be Buddha's birthday.

Tomorrow on Saturday, we are celebrating Ath's turning of age of one month.  It has been a busy one month hence the lack of blogging.  It is indeed more of a challenge with two to handle.  Well, many have done it, even with more than two!  Now, why can't I?

Before I dwell on handling of two, let me recount my delivery day.  At 5am, I felt contractions, but I thought, thats not possible.  Its only March!  Then when I went to the washroom at 7am, as I could not sleep well, there was 'show'.  Oops, and my hubby happened to have a nasi lemak breakfast date with his army friend that morning.  I called him more than 10 times, and gave up.  Quickly called my parents' house.  I thought, whoever picked up the phone, please send me to Glen E.  Mum answered my call and they sent ne.  I told Mum I was not sure if its real... anyway so it turned out to be.

I delivered in 2.5 hours time.  I had epidural, but somehow in the middle of it I could feel contraction pains and I told the nurse, ' Hold on, why is it I can feel the contractions? increase the epidural, increase the epidural.'  That was called a breakthrough pain the nurse explained.  The epidural was increased and I was soon relieved.  I was not as numb as with TD, but I thought since its bearable and not as uncomfortable, let's go along with it. 

When Dr Gordon arrived, Ath's head was an inch of coming out.  Dr Gordon seemed a little surprised.  With two contractions, Ath was out.  I could actually feel Ath's body being delivered, without the pain.  It was quite a wonderful feeling. 

When TD arrived, I saw his face and the first instant I felt was 'Thats the most beautiful thing I have ever seen'.  With Ath, not sure why I don't remember her facial expression, but Ath held my fingers as soon as she was placed on me.  That was sure a wonderful feeling.  She cried for a while, and then stopped.  She was looking around the ward in alert mode, as if she could see haha... quite a cutie.

This one month has been quite an experience.  I am very used to TD being a very reasonable kid.  My focus was all on him previously.  Now, its diluted and he can feel it.  At the same time I do not wish to be unfair to Ath since TD had full attention then.  At times when I am in the middle of bedtime reading with TD, I would let Ath go hungry a little and finish the book first.  Oops... I mean I have to be sensitive to TD too right?  So thats the challenge with two kiddos.  Its really tiring!!!!!!!!!!  I know it will get better, I just need to discover the right technique to balance between my two precious...and yes not to forget my hubby....grrh, how about time to myself?....ok maybe ...later...

No comments: