Thursday, March 07, 2013

TD At Pre-Nursery

Imitating the teacher who announces his name with a microphone at school pick up.





 
It has been about two months since TD started pre-nursery.  This is a daily three hour school.  Daddy fetches him to school, and Gong Gong brings him back to home.

TD started out loving school very evidently for the first two weeks.  Nonetheless the one week of Chinese New Year school break plus he stayed at home for a few days due to cough made it difficult for him to return to school.  I think we made the school break fun too by bringing him to the zoo and us as parents spending a lot of time with him.

That made it tricky.  When he sees me in the morning in my work clothes, he would start to cry and said 'want mummy to bring to school'.  That followed by him giving reasons such as TD wants to poo poo at home in the morning, or he would say he wants to vomit in the car or that he wants to go home. 

That frankly was a rather stressful period for me as I seeked to understand how a one week break could change the routine so drastically. 

Thank goodness for my parents and Daddy's support.  They were all more indifferent about it, and said that TD has to learn. 

Indeed the situation improved after a week or so, but this time he requires my helper to go together in the car, he wants to bring his pillow to the car etc.  Well we gave in in the hope that this can help him to settle in.  Actually upon returning to school after CNY, I did notice a lot of kids crying at drop-off.    I saw the Principal at drop-off point and she also said warmly that its probably the long holiday.  Thats was the first time I saw TD's eyes watery.  Apparently he would cry too, but less than a minute after he reaches the classroom.  I spoke to Lao Shi over the phone and she feels that he is probably following other kids who cry...hahah

Anyway I had the good fortune to drop him at school this week.  He has improved tremendously!  This morning he even gave a big smile at drop off.  Lao Shi was quite amused and started smiling herself.

At home now, TD sings Majula Singapura, and the school song.  Somehow I feel very touched hearing him sing the song school.  I think the teachers are doing a good job even though they feedback that TD is rather quiet in class.  That smile on his face energised me a lot for the day!  I think once we become mothers, our world of perception changes.  No longer is it about what I receive or have or possess that makes me happy.  Seeing my kid happy is the best energiser for me.  It leaves me feeling peacefully pleasant.

TD also enjoys reading the Buddha book daily with me and asked me how to pray for this Buddha, and how to pray for the next Buddha.  When I leave him alone, I can hearing him chanting by himself.  Its quite hilarious actually.  Of course sometimes he talks about the colours rather than about the Buddha, or this Buddha is Daddy's or Mummy's or TD's favourite....oh well a three year old is really quite entertaining.   He is growing up fast isn't he.  Reminding myself to treasure every moment now!!

No comments: