Monday, September 05, 2011

Counting my Blessings










Connecting with nature always bring back some peace into urban life. The weekend of Pierce Reservoir and Each Coast beach has lifted my spirits and the sense of calmness. That morning, we were running late as I had to heat up TD's lunch which was still in its frozen state. We also received a parking fine as we could not find a parking lot. We were expecting to 'swallow down' McDonalds on the beach mat so that we could cater to TD's tight schedule of meals and naptime. When we arrived, my Dad said 'No, go behind McDonalds, I will buy you breakfast'.

Yippie, thats how the calmness all began.

Having a sea view, and my mummy feeding TD meant that I could take a little break from the morning rush of packing his clothes and toys, and getting his meals and milk powder ready.

Why I feel very blessed... I have a very supportive and wise family. I have a very kind husband. TD is growing and developing well. He is happy and healthy - what more do I ask for?

At a point where I count my happiness, I would also like to share a page I read today (I have more time to read ever since I start to schedule TD's zzz time between 8:30pm - 9:30pm. It has been a success! but less time between TD and me after work ;(

"...the other class of counterproductive emotions -which include feelings such as lust, hatred, enmity (feeling of hostility or ill will), jealousy, and belligerence (hostile/ warlike attitude) - should not be expressed; they become more and more frequent. Expressing them tends to make them stronger and more prevalent. It is better to reflect on the disadvantages of engaging in such emotions and try to dsisplace them with feelings of satisfaction and love. We should forcefully overcome negative emotions when they appear, but it would be even better to find ways to prevent them in the first place."

No comments: