Sunday, November 21, 2010


Theodore is eight months old, and I am getting ooh so busy


Theodore is eight months old. Weekdays - its work. Weekday evenings - its Theodore. Weekends - its Theodore.
Theodore is very vocal and curious now. He is 'talking' most of the time and yesterday he said 'bah bah bah bah'.
He even makes funny faces now. Apparently he started doing so after attending a kids birthday party.


I am sure he is a happy child. From my perspective, so am I happy to see him grow and grin when he sees me.


But ehhh I am so tired. We have to buy fresh ingredients for him weekly, and I puree them in advance on the weekend. I love him, but you know sometimes, you never get a break. Even if I go for a monthly facial now, I think of him while lying on the bed.


There is really a lot of work involved when having a child. Especially when you dont want to leave him in the total hands of a outsider.


Ooh haha, but I must admit we did mess up his solids a little. We decided to puree lamb and sweet potato for him. It was too heaty for him. Currently we are trying peas - I hope it is ok at eight months. Our pd recommended that each new food should be introduced for a period of seven days to test for allergy. We have decided to go for the four day rule instead... its really quite troublesome and it must be boring aint it to eat the same for seven days? But luckily we observed the four day rule, as TD showed signs of allergy to the lamb after the second day (though he really enjoyed it). We took it off his diet and he was then fine. During our parents time, they didnt go by four or seven days rule, and we survived...why are things more complex these days?

No comments: