Saturday, February 07, 2009

A Lot of Social Activities!

Hmm. Let's see, during this Chinese New Year I have had Yu Sheng six times. For my international friends, Yu Sheng is a famous salad dish traditionally eaten during the Chinese New Year celebration. It consists of raw fish, colourful vegetable, crackers, and accompanied beautifully by plum sauce.

Its been too many home visits for me. Today, I finally managed to get a good day to myself. I headed for Yoga in the late afternoon, and arranged for a foot massage with my gf. When I finished my yoga, I forgot I was scheduled to go to Hyatt to view a potential wedding venue. Bummer - I had to reschedule my foot massage later, and apologised profusely to my gf who was on her way to town already.

It was also unnecessarily chaotic and hectic on a Saturday. There were many call exchanges between Dad and myself. I was afraid he would be all alone since Mum is overseas. So I tried to invite him to join my activities, but actually he had already lined up a whole lot for himself on Sat - but eh, why couldnt he be frank right from the morning? All the phone ringing while I was having my foot rub, and low batt made my precious Saturday difficult.

Anyways, resting a bit now, and then heading out for a movie Gui picked. I dont even know what show he has booked.

Tomorrow I have another Bai Nian - visiting my boss's home. He is a Canadian, but anyhow, he is hosting a Chinese New Year celebration, and there will be 25 kids i heard! lol

tired and a bit stress... its just starting, but already I can't wait for the wedding preps to be over. We wanted to host it at the Scotts lounge at Grand Hyatt as it has such a classical charm. However they have a project going on, and could be renovating it soon. My mum-in-law said, Well if we really like the Scotts lounge, why dont we wait for it and choose another date. I blurted out immediately, No No, I just want to get it over and done with. She was laughing, she knew the many different rounds were getting on my nerves - ya, would like to get it over and done with - with grace.

So tentatively we might be choosing a Champagne Lunch. My father-in-law LOVES that idea. He wants to see all the guests pissed drunk..

4 comments:

An-An said...

Champagne Lunch sounds like a good idea!

eimi said...

haha, its really more for people who enjoys drinking... I guess you are one of them!!

An-An said...

Hah! But seriously, think it will be easier for you and hub to mingle with your guests than when you have the old traditional boring wedding dinner :)

eimi said...

Ya, but also luckily, its my in-laws who want something more different and more intimate - so thats a good start! =)