Saturday, January 03, 2009

Do You See the Light Yet?



For life is the mirror of king and slave.
'Tis just what you are and do;
Then give to the world the best you have,
And the best will come back to you.
-MADELINE BRIDGES

2009 has began, and it is also the time where people start taking out their formidable pen to pin their resolutions. Gui and I would do an annual reflection on the last day of the year, and share thoughts of what is important and what we wana achieve in 2009 ...

On Jan 1 2009, my in-laws organised a New Year lunch at home (bribing us) with spaghetti with pesto sauce, grilled chicken wings and tiger prawns, salad, soup and German white wine. Soon after the hearty meal... the rules were laid out. On the first day of Chinese New Year, I have to follow the Gui family to visit the oldest and most senior member - Por Por.. no longer with my own family.


I have to go up to Kemaman for the QingMing Festival 清明節, and then check out some hotel venues there for a wedding reception in August 09.

Since it is a fresh start to '09, I want to maintain my positivity... so I smile and say 'ok'...

3 comments:

An-An said...

welcome to my world! :)))))

An-An said...

oh and happy new year!!!!

eimi said...

ya, i guess its a case of girls just wana have fun, but won't really want to follow the rules..hahaha

Happy 2009!