Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend Getaway - No I didn't see Mas Selamat Kestari

The
I went away for the weekend at Bintan - an area the anti-terrorism police is concentrating their search on. I have totally enjoyed the weekend trip near the sea. Prices at Bintan were however higher than I expected. The massages cost the same, if not more expensive than in Singapore. Food prices also equate hotel standard in Singapore, but the Indonesian cuisine was really good!

Initially we were afraid that going to an island just 45 mins away from SG would imply bumping into many Singaporeans. Karen also mentioned that she bumped into her secretary when she went there three years ago. This was however not true - somehow the resort we have chosen had 50% Japanese, 1/6 Singaporeans, 1/6 Koreans, and 1/6 Caucasians. Any place where I can see the horizon - I'll love it. While I believe it is not as beautiful as Bali, the fact that I did not have to take a plane - just a ferry - made the trip very worth it.

Irwin & I enjoyed the time spent at the beach and pool, climbing the rocks and bodysurfing. The peace and tranquaility also offered a good place for our chantings. In fact we went for a full-blown x108 chants per mantra -- haha did we feel powerful.... Somehow pursuing a deeper interest in Buddism in a partnership made the experience more fun and interesting. Without the partnership, it would have been more difficult to embark on... do I feel fortunate ;)

Reading by the sea and pool for the past three days, I finshed the chapter on Potala Mountain... "Only once in a very long while do you obtain this support for freedom and opportunity. Now that you can meet with spiritual friends and practice the sacred Buddhadharma, and supportive circumstances have come together, spend the rest of your life in just this way."

2 comments:

Eeps & Weexy said...

There is nothing more blissful than a couple in partnership. Make sure you two hang in there, though thick and thin, because it's all worth it!

Congrats!

eimi said...

Thanks Eeps... I wish the same for you too in time to come...