Monday, September 17, 2007

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend!!


Above picture is taken from Karuizawa, Japan in Autumn 2006..

This Saturday I had an interesting encounter at the jewellery shop. My bf and I were looking at some pieces when a young and loving couple walked in choosing wedding bands. They were very loving until the salesperson somehow placed a S$26,000 diamond on me. Of course we were not going to buy it. However from her perspective, it looked like the guy beside me was buying me the S$26,000 one carat.

Interestingly, the loving mood for them quickly disappeared. She was slouching and sulking while the boy beside her tried to cheer her and manage the loving mood that disappeared as soon as the grandeur diamond surfaced. Whoever said that the size of the diamond correlates to love? But that is what the jewelley industry says, that was how the significance of diamond becomes important in a relationship, and that was what couples who just started earning their income believed, so that was how some couples correlates the brilliance of the rock to their relationship.

Come on Girls!!?


4 comments:

Mum of 2 said...

Yoz Gal,

At first I was like the gal, who sulked. I then realise a piece of rock is really just a piece of rock.

Yah, it does not correlates to anything. Yes, anything....

eimi said...

Yes I have to agree its beautiful to look at, but it has no resale value. The jewellery industry really did do a good job to sell the idea of love and romance to rocks!!

Ange said...

Hmm... i just got a rock myself hehe! Whatever size the rock is, its the thought that counts! :)

eimi said...

Hmm so debatable. One thing for sure - it sure makes a girl happy!