Saturday, February 17, 2007

2006 is officially Over

Its Chinese New Year's Eve. I have been away for a full year, and its the perfect timing to meet up with my relatives and friends. This year's turning ushers in the Year of the Pig/ Boar, which according to Chinese astrology, signifies honesty, loyalty and amiability.

Yearly, my mum would also bake biscuits for the new year. I love it because not only is it tasty, I know there are no preservatives and I feel assured with the hygiene standard - yes I would rather have the best.

Tonight, my relatives and my family would be having Reunion Dinner @ my Uncle's house. In the afternoon, and for the 1st time I accompanied my mum to Far East Florists to buy some fresh flowers for the home. In the past in audit, this would never happen. hoho my sister is in the office now!

At the florists, not sure if it is due to the last day before New Year, I didnt manage to see a bunch of flowers that were really fresh or beautiful. Even if you had money, you couldnt buy the best (although this is really due to the climate in Singapore). I remembered I received roses during my birthday in Tokyo, and amazingly it stayed fresh in my apartment for one week - the longest period I ever had to admire fresh flowers.

I read today that human's need for closeness repeatedly goes through 3 stages:
1) Hold me tight
2) Put me down
3) Leave me alone.

This cycle is apparent when an infant becomes a child as he begins to explore the world, crawl, walk, and achieve independence and autonomy from the mother. However at stages of anxiety, the child will return to the mother for soothing and closeness. No I am not preparing for motherhood. But if life is really a cycle, why do we have to worry so much about life's ups and downs?

Tonight will be fun. I will bring my SLR and perhaps try playing mahjong?!

2 comments:

Ange said...

Had fun playing mahjong during CNY! :) Hehe! Looking forward to next year's session!

eimi said...

Hehe, I believe you were the winner thats why!