Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Shadowed temple

@ Kagurazaka

As I reflect on a handful of friends' long distance relationships who made it, and others' localised relationships who dont, I realise there is a consistent pattern.

Cannot make it:
Relationships very much based on immediate sexual attraction. Have seen instances where A meets B who is not really a good or kind person, but say "dont know why but I still feel attracted" - such relationships eventually become unstable, unreliable, unstainable, temporary.

Some guys say its a matter of demand meets supply (which I dont agree!); Guy wants pretty girls, Girl wants rich guys. I am happy to see the theory flopping again and again - "sorry" for the break-ups.

Can make it:

Duh - good character - kindness, gentleness (for my own list: humour & intelligence). This creates real bond and genuine communication; and eventually real appreciation and respect.

I used to think that the core of relationship is all about feeling passion day-by-day, and that indicates real love - a little naive - but now I realise, having the opportunity to know someone's character thoroughly is more passionately interesting. Funny for me, the opportunity came from being away in Tokyo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pic... it's amazing.

Anonymous said...

Nice effect between the shadow and the brilliance of the sky.