Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ooh its Fuji-san again.

"Which one is Mount Fuji, which one is Mount Fuji?"

Yes, 4 of us girls drove out of Tokyo to Gotemba Premium outlet yesterday. There are 165 designer and some of the world's most sought-after brandnames. That kept us very hectic from 11am - 6:30pm non-stop shopping. As we moved from East to West Zone, and back, we saw many mountains - & kept asking one another which one?! but hehe no one really slowed down to ponder.

Well, I managed to take a picture, and in the shuttle bus at the end of the trip, instead of constantly talking about our new acquisitions and discounts we "saved", we finally decided to show better appreciation and concluded that this must have been Mount Fuji.

Well, its not the first for most of us. I personally have climbed Fuji-san. Phil has also recently saw Fuji-san from Hakone.

Phil's description of individuals being posted here was interesting. She felt that exploring is always interesting, but not to kill time. She enjoyed her own trip to Hakone, enjoying nature, onsen, seeing Mt Fuji and oops but she had to eat the famous black eggs alone in a corner while all were doing so with their family & friends. I can understand what she meant, I have eaten the black eggs on 2 trips. Once with my bf and once with my family. It is kinda symbolic as 1 egg adds 7 years to your longevity. You dont really wana do something so meaningful alone. Something is definitely missing...guess she is missing her bf of 8 years!

For me, the blessing is a realisation of which relationships are based on caring & genuine affection. From the daily humourous phone calls with my bf, to the sewing kit my mother has brought for me to Tokyo. Well, I never took a look at the kit since she brought it here in May. Today I did (slow, but better slow than never), and whoa I think she bought me the best! Millions of needles of different sizes & heights, and tons of different coloured threads to suit any "occasion", some extra buttons, scissor and a thimble - all these for a girl who has never sewed in her life.

Thanks mum.

I also met Joyce who has gone through 2 long distance relationships ("LDR" expert) and she is now happily married. Her hubby, at 33, is dropping his career to join her in Tokyo as they were previously on long distance for 15 months. She seemed very happy & was very grateful about the scarifice her hubby is making.

Yea! So hearing, seeing and experiencing LDR have given me another perspective. This is more real. Forget about pursuing only romances, gifts and candle-lights dinner you see in movies, its more cool to be in something more real - real affection, kindness, mutual respect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girls get so crazy when they shop that they ignore Fuji-san! But it must be an extreme pleasure to shop and have a Mount Fuji view. You girls are so lucky!