Thursday, August 10, 2006

There's no place like home


Now I have officially passed the half-way, half year, 50% mark to completing this assignment in Tokyo. 1st 6 months here were total delight, excitment with fresh and quality food and fruits everyday; thrilled with meeting so many talented people at the workplace - most had international experiences; best of all making a new close friend - she just asked me to join her for vacation in Iran!..crazy and intelligent girl!; and of course enjoying the new found Freedom - i.e. having the whole apartment to myself, with neither nags nor chats when I do not wish to speak.

Strangely enough, after crossing the half-way mark, hmm its suddenly going downhill. I dont know why. Hehe, I missed being more pampered back in Singapore. Hmm I didnt have to do laundry, or the dishes. I didnt have to think about if my alarm clock was going to run out of battery and I would wake up late for work (dont have an excuse to be late since I stay only three mins away from my office), didnt have to think about when to collect my dry-cleaning, didnt have to think about asking the apartment management to get someone to fix the bulbs, curtains etc. All those were easy tasks, not difficult, but at least I didnt have to bother about such domestics back home. I missed waking up and having overnight boiled soup!

Since my mum concluded last week that I am an unstable girl, lets see if my excitment about staying in Tokyo ever comes back... otherwise I am really hoping that I wont be missing Chinese New Year in a matter of few (??...6!) months...

No comments: