Sunday, August 20, 2006

Finding yourself

Well, there has been some unintended time lag between the last entry and today - dont blame me. Its the blog website...hehe. I have not been able to upload any pictures I took - thats really sad, and definitely half losing the motivation I had for blogging. So there you go, no Hanabi & Matsuri pictures - both events of which I took some nice pics...

Why finding myself... true enough, people stranded alone tend to think more. So what about my fellow singaporean friends who dont venture out?

"Are we good person because we want to do good things or is it because we know that it is the social norm to be acceptable as a good person. So if the society does not deem being a good person as acceptable, would all of us still be a good person or we will unleash the devil within us. Bottom line, when a person is a good person, if he/she really a good person by nature or is it because he/she is just putting up an act" - this is written by Bitching Judas. Initially when I read it, I felt it just a cliche. But recently, the qn has been popping back into my mind frequently.

I received a surprise card from my sister from Sydney - she went there alone - and indeed also took the time to "find herself" and wrote me her new found revelations abt herself. Of course, to be ethical I shouldnt disclose her privacy -- just want to say that being alone in a foreign country always makes one think and reflect more, sad as it may be sometimes, its a good thing. Otherwise one may never find himself, or know what the hell he is doing, what exactly he is striving for, or know the true meaning of life... I thought I knew when I was back in Singapore, but now I am revisiting what I thought I knew.. taking time, but hope to find some good answers before I am due to return....

1 comment:

eimi said...

hey Shithead, thanks for your comments.

I agree with you totally. I think unfortunately most people try to conform to being good and what the rest does without truely understanding it. Like you mentioned, people are simply afraid of being Judged by people around them - and hence their action has to show they are Good Souls.

Being alone right now - its different, it gives me a chance to rethink why I act or believe in things in a certain way. Kinda cool time to myself.