Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tokyo: My Firsts...

Today, I pen down my 1st blog -- and also the 1st time I attended my Japanese Language class through YWCA. It was warm when I stepped out of Yebisu Garden, 23 degrees, I would hardly scream HOT if I was in Singapore. But I have gotten use to this lovely cool weather after being here for three months.

Class started at 1.30pm. Watashino sensei wa omoshiroi desu. In a class of 8 with different nationalities, I was the only one with the worst Japanese proficiency. But then again, these guys are schooling here, and I didnt require nihongo @ work. The feeling of not knowing sucks, but since there were free snacks and tea later, I dont really want to complain.

Headed for Da Vinci Code after class. Oh yes, its another 1st... my 1st movie watching excursion in Shinjuku. One thing I couldnt understand was how you had to start queuing 1/2 an hour before the show starts outside the cinema (how do they do that during winter??) -- reason is after you get your ticket, it is free-seating! Hmm, this system seems obselete to me. Luckily for my fren & myself, we were in the top 10 of the queue (singaporu jin desu kara)... but weird thing is, when we arrived in the cinema, it was already 1/3 filled, obviously the best seats taken. I dont know where these pple come from. Apparently, when you buy a movie ticket, you can stay on for the entire day --- to rewatch the movie again and again (??).

Caught the train @ 11:15 back to Yebisu. The Eki @ Shinjuku always feel like a mini airport to me, only that it is far more congested. Its funny how it is really cultured here, but when it comes to getting on the train, well there is a lot of less-cultured pushing going on.

Happy to be back @ Yebisu, as usual when I am home, I am stuck with my best fren --Dell -- my communication window to the rest of the world -- friends in Tokyo, Singapore, London.

No comments: