Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fancy Being a Mother?

On Saturday, Theodore attended Kaelyn's three year old birthday party (oops but thats not Kaelyn in the photo). After being a parent, Theodore and us have been invited to four birthday parties so far.

Kids parties these days are awesome. It consists of play activities, organised games, gifts, goodie-bags, decorations, banners, balloons, and fanciful cakes. In 2.5 months time Theodore will be having his one year old party.

But this isn't about his party...its about life as a mother! I guess every mother will know how having a kid really transforms one's life (to the point I no longer recognise myself and my style).

It is not in a negative sense. There is joy - the joy of being invited to kids' parties....lol. The joy of compiling my kid's photo album as I watch him grow so fast. Now, Teddy has reached a stage where he starts to laugh and giggle and he will come towards me and hug me every five minutes while playing.

Now that I am back at work - I heard that he is very well behaved during the day, but starts to be 'manja' whenever I am home. He will whine a little for my attention, and wants me to carry him.

I try to spend as much time as possible with TD out of work. Never mind that my Nine West high heels are collecting spider web in my shoe cabinet - never mind that I don't have time to cut my hair - never mind that I no longer do a weekly face or body scrub - never mind that I no longer do a weekly foot massage - TD slept on top of me after milk just now for 45 minutes before I brought him back to his cot - its moments like this that makes the crazy motherhood all worth it!

No comments: