Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The blessed boy who is making his parents ooh so busy...



I have to admit it is extremely busy being a parent.

The blessed boy is growing, and for a new mum there is really a lot of reading and learning to do.

I put aside one day per week for baby reading.

Luckily a lot of my girlfriends are going through the same phase. Feels better to know that I am not alone and that I am not the only crazy person out there.

During the weekend, we brought Theodore for his third swim, followed by brunch. During the past two weekends we go for Sunday brunch, very much because it usually stretches as a three hour meal. In between the three hours I typically have to feed him and then let him sleep on the pram.

Last Sunday we went to Raffles Town Club. They did not have a nursing room, but were kind enough to extend one of the private dining rooms. They turned on the light and air-conditioning so that I could nurse him in private.

Ooh I am so hungry now. Had porridge for lunch. Did you know you only require 200 extra calories when pregnant (that equates to half a burger); and 500 extra calories if breastfeeding? No wonder I still can't fit into all of my old wardrobe. So what if I can? I still need to wear a nursing top when I go out with Teddy... fashion down the drain...for now...

No comments: