Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Not planned for, but we love you

Closer friends may know that baby Theodore wasn't planned for. Irwin and I were rather surprised the moment we realised so. I bought one pregnancy test kit, and despite it being positive, I bought another one to check again. Still, with both kits being positive, I wasn't sure and I wanted to wait till the gynae confirms through an ultrascan.

Now, I am a happy mum. Thinking back, the pregnancy in the first four months especially was a roller coaster ride. Hello, vomiting few times a day. I didn't even brush my teeth for periods of time as the toothpaste makes me nausea.

Now, I have a bundle of joy in my arms. Theodore is starting to smile and laugh frequently and that really makes my day. I also enjoying watching him and his developmental milestone. On 2 months 6 days, Theodore blurted out a "Hello" as I said it repeatedly. Irwin and I were in shock and our hair stood on end. No one would expect that at a two month point.

Theodore is also quite skilled with his musical mobile now - such a joy to watch him get all excited and trying to hit the rotating soft toys. Sometimes, he stares at the smiley faces and smiles to himself. Today, I put him on his tummy and he pushed himself to his side - thats another first..

In my prayer session everyday (or every other day..hehe), I pray for a happy and perfectly healthy individual. So far my prayers have been answered, and may he and all other sentient beings continue that way...



No comments: