Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Eggs

I am not sure if I should be proud of it or not. At this age of oops nearly 30, I realized I have not mastered the skills of cooking up a nice meal. I am thankful however that everyone around me can whip up very good, in fact, gourmet meals. The only food I dare say I am proud & confident of whipping up is scrambled eggs - so, I make a good breakfast wife.

My mother-in-law frequently makes references to Aunt Lily. She runs her own business with her husband and can cook very well. Ok, I get the hint. Actually I feel slightly embarrased over the past few evenings. Mr Gui is out of town, so I am the only one home. Mum-in-law still arranges with the maid what to cook for me...*shy*. Its just less funny when you are nearly 30. Then again, I know I will never take the initiative to decide what to cook. I would rather enjoy cereal in a bowl of cold milk. I am just less clumsy at pressing the calculator than frying.





A little something to share:

To every man there openeth
A way, and ways, and a way.
And the high soul climbs the high way,
And the low soul gropes the low:
And in between, on the misty flats,
The rest drift to and fro.
But to every man there openeth
A high way and a low,
And every man decideth
The way his soul shall go.
--JOHN OXENHAM

No comments: